ODFv1.2 Extended documentation

Hi

As we all know, LibreOffice default file format is ODFv1.2 Extended, which is
correct ODFv1.2 with some non-standard extensions.

If we are talking about document interoperability, we can reasonably assume
that other applications try to comply with ODFv1.2, as published by OASIS.
They may not display documents written in LO exactly the same as LO does,
because they are free to loss "Extended" part.

My question is:
is there any kind of documentation that points out which LO capabilities are
non-standard? If so, where can I find it?

It would be very useful for me (and perhaps other users), because I would like
to know which functions that I use are not interchangeable with other ODF-
compliant applications.

Thanks in advance

Bumping up thread.

Should I ask at developers mailing list?

Or does no one care about incompatibilities between ODFv1.2 Extended and
ODFv1.2?

Or maybe my question wasn't clear enough?

I think this question would be better answered on the developers list. I do not know the answer, and if no one else had replied I guess no one on this list knows.

Jean

I will ask at developers mailing list, then.
I though that since question is about documentation, then documentation
mailing list is first place I should ask.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Liroslaw,

I think this question would be better answered on the developers list. I do
not know the answer, and if no one else had replied I guess no one on this
list knows.

I will ask at developers mailing list, then.
I though that since question is about documentation, then documentation
mailing list is first place I should ask.

Perhaps the answer will be interesting for documentation.

Hi :slight_smile:
Yes, you are asking in the right places and in the right order and it's a good question that would be good to know the answer too.  Sadly we just don't know!!  There is probably a wiki-page about it, somewhere.  Or it might be just a disclaimer jic we find that something doesn't quite go right.  Still, it would be good to know and it's slightly embarrassing that we don't already.

Hello Miroslaw,

Indeed your question is not so much a documentation issue but a
development one. Also note that the documentation team is mostly focused
on end-user documentation, not development, at least for the moment. You
might find answers on the development mailing list.

Best,
Charles.

PS: Tom, it's always wiser not to expand on one's own complete lack of
knowledge on the topic...

For completeness sake:
non-standard extensions are gathered on the TDF wiki page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ODF_Implementer_Notes#LibreOffice_ODF_extensions

Thanks to Miklos Vajna, who pointed it out on developers mailing list.