Congrats to Jean Hollis Weber -- Membership Committee

Congratulations to Jean for winning a seat on the Membership Committee. Thanks for your commitment to the project (especially Documentation) and all else you do!

Cheers,

Marc

Ironically, I was thinking about condolences for the extra work required :slight_smile:

Always happy to see talented people sitting where they can cause good things to happen. congratulations Jean!

Thanks, Marc and Andrew.

Related topic: we need to see more docs people applying for (and being
qualified for) TDF membership.

--Jean

For the information of the members of this list, what are the qualifications for TDF membership? What is the application process?

--Dan

Application form & info is here:
http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/application-for-tdf-community-membership/

Qualifications are "have verifiably contributed time and intellectual
work for the Foundation’s objects, over a time span of more than
three months" and "nontrivially". Look under section10 (Board of
Trustees) in the Statutes
http://www.documentfoundation.org/statutes.pdf

--Jean

Hi all,

[...]

Application form & info is here:
http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/application-for-tdf-community-membership/

Qualifications are "have verifiably contributed time and intellectual
work for the Foundation’s objects, over a time span of more than
three months" and "nontrivially". Look under section10 (Board of
Trustees) in the Statutes
http://www.documentfoundation.org/statutes.pdf

Supplement:
There is no fee to pay for membership (except contributed time).

Example for a qualification: Hazel has a verifiable contributed time and intellectual work over a span of more than three months and (of course) nontrivially.

Most time people think that they don't contribute enough or the work isn't qualified to get the membership but be encouraged to ask e.g. Jean or someone else at the membership committee.

If that's meant to be a heavy hint, I'm not biting! The last thing I
want is to be co-opted onto some committee. I started this lark out of
a sense of obligation (OOo.org helped me write my novel, I help them in exchange). I stayed because I enjoy the work.

Hi :slight_smile:
The form is fairly easy to fill-in and if you are clearly not doing enough then the committee can make the decision very quickly.  A few cases might be border-line and may take longer but those are likely to be the most interesting cases.

One problem with joining is trying to find 2 proper members to endorse your application.  That is one of the reasons it would be great to have more members on this list.

+1
Congrats and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Good points. Thanks for adding them. Good example, too. :slight_smile:

Jean

Membership in TDF includes no obligation to be on any committee or do anything other than what you have been doing. However, it does entitle you to *vote* for committee members and on a few other matters related to running the organisation. But again, no obligation.

--Jean