Getting Started 3.5. Chapter 5: Calc

p.110. "In Calc 3.3" What about Calc 3.5?

p.129."slant /". I thought this character was called a slash.
  "...colons such as 10:43:45". Better "...colons as in 10:43:45"

p.135. "...Format Cells dialog:" should be "...Format Cells dialog to:"

Yes, "/" is named SOLIDUS or SLASH in the official Unicode description. In related Unicode usage, solidus tends to be as an overlay and slash is used in the sense of fraction and division notations.

I haven't looked into this, but it seems to me that reference to substantive differences from a specific dot-release might best be avoided in the text and any differences with regard to earlier versions accounted for in a separate section or an Appendix. If it’s a major difference (i.e., a breaking change), there might be a note in the text that references the explanation elsewhere.

- Dennis