Joining a documentation project?

Hi,

My name is Jamie, and I'm interested in helping with some documentation
projects. Are there any areas in which I could help as a writer?

I've worked in IT for about ten years in various roles from desktop support
to systems administration. I just graduated from the University of
Washington's Technical Writing and Editing program, and I'm transitioning
from IT into a technical writing career. While school was a good start, I'm
hoping to gain some real-world experience, and thought that collaborating
with others on LibreOffice documentation might be a way to do that.

If there are documentation projects that I might help with, how do I start?

Thanks!

Jamie Eby

Jamie Eby wrote:

Hi,

My name is Jamie, and I'm interested in helping with some documentation
projects. Are there any areas in which I could help as a writer?

I've worked in IT for about ten years in various roles from desktop support
to systems administration. I just graduated from the University of
Washington's Technical Writing and Editing program, and I'm transitioning
from IT into a technical writing career. While school was a good start, I'm
hoping to gain some real-world experience, and thought that collaborating
with others on LibreOffice documentation might be a way to do that.

If there are documentation projects that I might help with, how do I start?

Thanks!

Jamie Eby

      Welcome, Jamie!
You can begin by beginning at this link:
    http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Team.
This should point you in the right direction.
      Others may also have some additional suggestions.

--Dan

Hi Dan and everyone,

Thanks for the welcome.

I checked out the Documentation Wiki. It looks like the current work is
centered around updating various guides to LibreOffice 3.6? Are there some
specific tasks that someone could suggest for me? I'd be most interested to
work on writing for Writer or Impress. I noticed some instructions that
mentioned I need to ask for an ODFAuthors username as well.

Thanks,
Jamie

I keep forgetting to reply to all so my notes go to the list as well.
--Jean

Thanks Jean. I received my user account info as well. Looking forward to
getting started on the Writer Guide.

Jamie