Database Report Builder - how to improve documentation?

Hi Rainer,

I am forwarding this to the docs list to see what input there might be
from the docs team. I will forward any results to the QA list. I know
there are a couple of people working on the documentation for Base, so
they might have some ideas...

@docs team: I'm forwarding the mail below that I received, for your
comments and input...

Hello *,

I have had a look at
http://www.openoffice.org/dba/specifications/index.html

There are more features described than ever implemented.
I have added a lot of comments. You could find the document with
comments here:
http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/download/ReportDesigner_withComments.odt

Before we will write this specifications so, that it will describe the
specifications of our report-builder, we should have a look at the bugs
of the report-builder. There are functions planned, also buttons or
menu-entrys for this functions, but no function behind this entrys.

Here one example: The properties of page were planned with a dialog for
columns. This dialog doesn't appear in any report-builder of LO or OOo.
But when you open the report for editing you can see the menu-entry
edit → column header/footer
And in the general properties of a group you could find "Start new column".

So you could read in the German Handbook "Base": "No function behind
this Button". Looks a little bit curious.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for responding. I'll wait a week and then will forward to
Rainer whatever feedback there is in this thread. Everyone with
something to say is invited to pitch in.