LibreOffice and Raspberry Pi

Hello

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I have just got my Raspberry Pi (www.raspberrypi.org for more info) and want
to install LO3.5 onto it, but having no luck so far.

I have tried the installation instructions given in
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/ for both debian and rpm
packages.

Does anybody have some instructions that may help me install LO onto my
lovely Raspberry Pi.

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
Only if you can get me one too!  Grrrr
Lol, Congrats and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hello Tom

After buying keyboard and mouse for my Raspberry Pi, I now have to persuade my better half that I have to buy a new monitor with HDMI connection. So I have to be on best behaviour over the weekend.

Regards

PeterS

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

PeeWee wrote:

Hello

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I have just got my Raspberry Pi (www.raspberrypi.org for more info) and want
to install LO3.5 onto it, but having no luck so far.

I have tried the installation instructions given in
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/ for both debian and rpm
packages.

Does anybody have some instructions that may help me install LO onto my
lovely Raspberry Pi.

Regards

PeterS

      It looks like you will just have to wait until you get a reply on the forum. :-((( As you noticed there seems to be very little information about installing GNU/Linux programs on it. The question may well be whether LO can be compiled for the ARMv6 architecture. The standard version of LO may not. I think there has been some work done on this, but I'm not sure.

--Dan

Hi :slight_smile:
Ahh, was that to do with the notice about developing a version for mobile devices?  Is compiling from source possibly be the best route?

Hello

For those lucky enough to get your hands on a Raspberry Pi, you can run
LibreOffice on it, but not using the Raspbian Wheezy or Debian Squeeze
distros.

I got LibreOffice installed using BodhiLinux as the operating system. If you
use Add Software, you will find LO in the office software section (where
else you say). The version installed is LO 3.5.4.

Now for some testing.

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
Wow!!  Good to hear!  Congrats btw :)  I was discouraged from ordering one by my neighbour who said the Pi was not for advanced stuff like LO.  So, i guess i might try ordering one in a few weeks, when i get back from hols and have access to computers and internet and stuff again.

Hello Tom

The Raspberry Pi is not very quick and you have to have a little patience with it, especially trying different distros to find the best one to use. Some of the distros are for kids, but so far BodhiLinux seems to fit the bill.

You have to go to raspberrypi.org first if you want to order one. There are only two suppliers at the moment and there are links on the Raspberry Pi website.

Regards

PeterS

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hi :slight_smile:
I'm using Windows machines a lot so i know about speed issues!  Generally i need to have several machines all on at the same time each plodding on in their own sweet way (or just 1 Ubuntu one and maybe a couple of Windows defragging or scanning for viruses or something).