Developer documentation - debugger related

Hi,

I've been pecking at the LibreOffice source code recently and I am
documenting stuff as I make some sense of it.

I saw
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Production#Wish_List_for_Developer_Documentation
so I just thought I'd let you know about my plans.

If you find this ( https://gist.github.com/3038116 - incomplete) remotely
useful, I can
edit/add things according to your needs/workflow.

Note that I have just started this and further I am totally new to the code
base,
and I could be wrong (btw, the whole thing is littered with question marks
wherever
I am not confident). So maybe other developers can correct me as I proceed?

Do let me know if you have any comments/suggestions.

- Jesso Clarence Murugan

Note:
* You can use all my submissions under any Creative Commons Licence
(if that's what you are using for documentation).
* Yo can find the same at
http://jessoclarence.blogspot.com/2012/07/so-you-inserted-table-huh.html

Hi :slight_smile:
I think if you can update the wiki-page there then i think that would be great.  Some of our pages are a little in need of updating as most of the work goes into the guides and helping each other in the mailing list as the work-flow and situations change.

We are not really coders here so if you wanted input from the devs then you might need to contact the devs list.  It's a different skill-set.  I think they prefer using "iirc" (whatever that is).

I think if you can update the wiki-page there then i think that would be

great.

I created an account, I'll see if I can do anything there.

We are not really coders here so if you wanted input from the devs then

you might need

to contact the devs list. It's a different skill-set. I think they

prefer using "iirc" (whatever that is).

I've had simple patches accepted there, and so I guess after a few months
after I've done something
worthwhile there, I'll get back on this list with some useful documentation
to help other new developers with
the code base.

Regards,
Jesso Clarence
Motah Program, KACST
http://www.motah.org.sa

Hi :slight_smile:
That sounds quite positive!  Good work chap!  Have you had any luck with the wiki yet?
Thanks and regards from

I was checking the Arabic page
http://ar.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
and noticed that all the links there were broken.

My friend Norah, has been creating some user manuals for LibreOffice in
Arabic,
and I've asked her to send it here (or is any other place preferable?), so
it
can be used on the Arabic page if you find them useful (Note - These Arabic
manuals are not exhaustive like the English ones, but can/will be improved
by the Motah Program).

Regards,
Jesso Clarence
Motah Program, KACST
http://www.motah.org.sa/en/

Hello,

Please find attached the user manuals for LibreOffice in Arabic.

Regards,

Norah A. Abanumay
Researcher
Computer Research Institute (CRI)
Tel. 966 1 4883555 (Ext.) 8439
Motah Program, KACST
http://www.motah.org.sa/en/

Hi :slight_smile:
Sorry i have been totally distracted lately and trying to catch-up on my emails!  It's taken me ages to get this far back!
Many apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

________________________________

I think if you can update the wiki-page there then i think that would be

great.

I created an account, I'll see if I can do anything there.

We are not really coders here so if you wanted input from the devs then

you might need

to contact the devs list.  It's a different skill-set.  I think they

prefer using "iirc" (whatever that is).

I've had simple patches accepted there, and so I guess after a few months
after I've done something
worthwhile there, I'll get back on this list with some useful documentation
to help other new developers with
the code base.

Regards,
Jesso Clarence
Motah Program, KACST
http://www.motah.org.sa

Warning: This message and its attachment, if any, are confidential and may contain information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and its attachment, if any. You should not copy the message and its attachment, if any, or disclose its contents to any other person or use it for any purpose. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail and its attachment, if any, are those of the sender, and do not necessarily reflect those of King Abdulaziz city for Science and Technology (KACST) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. KACST accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email. تحذير: هذه الرسالة وما تحويه من مرفقات (إن وجدت) تمثل وثيقة سرية قد تحتوي على معلومات محمية بموجب القانون. إذا لم تكن الشخص المعني بهذه الرسالة فيجب عليك تنبيه المُرسل

بخطأ وصولها إليك، وحذف الرسالة ومرفقاتها (إن وجدت)، ولا يجوز لك نسخ أو توزيع هذه الرسالة أو مرفقاتها (إن وجدت) أو أي جزء منها، أو البوح بمحتوياتها للغير أو استعمالها لأي غرض. علماً بأن فحوى هذه الرسالة ومرفقاتها (ان وجدت) تعبر عن رأي المُرسل وليس بالضرورة رأي مدينة الملك عبدالعزيز للعلوم والتقنية بالمملكة العربية السعودية، ولا تتحمل المدينة أي مسئولية عن الأضرار الناتجة عن ما قد يحتويه هذا البريد.

Hi,

What a pleasant surprise! I thought of putting those Arabic documents
in http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
after seeing another email thread, but couldn't find a suitable category
to put it under, so I too conveniently forgot about these docs.

Should I host it somewhere and provide a link? Do these docs even fit
anywhere in the common LibreOffice pages (as it serves only Arabic users)?
Or should we wait till KACST's Motah program further updates these docs
and makes them exhaustive? (will take a few more months, but, I don't see
any urgency).

- Jesso Clarence

Hi :slight_smile:
I am not sure how many documents you have but it might be worth making a new wiki-page.

If you look near the top of the page there is a 2-letter language bar.  When you click on the appropriate Arabic one you probably get a blank page.  You could create the page and then upload the publication there.  If you let me know which 2-letter code is best then i could make the page for you.  Alternatively i could try to remember to create the wiki-page on Thursday.