[libreoffice-users] Re: No help in LO

Hi :slight_smile:
I think the closest we have is the "Publications" page but it is incomplete and needs tidying in the 3rd party documentation section.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

Most of the Docs Team avoids wiki-mark-up because the term "mark-up" sounds vaguely similar to html and html sounds too much like coding.  Those that do try it find it 'remarkably' easy but then get swept-up back into doing the guides.

Help with the wiki would be much appreciated or directly with the guides would be really great.
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/documenters/

I am not sure if this wiki-page is at all useful but it might be
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Team

Most of the Docs Team avoids wiki-mark-up because the term "mark-up" sounds vaguely similar to html and html sounds too much like coding.

IMO that statement is complete rubbish and almost insulting.
Otherwise, I agree: people can get involved doing whatever they feel
comfortable with, whether on wiki, or video, or the user guides in
their present form, or the Help, or whatever.

Jean
Documentation Team Leader
(currently at the Community Leadership Summit in Portland, Oregon)

Hi :stuck_out_tongue:
Easy tiger!  I wasn't insulting anyone except, perhaps, those people that make html or even wiki-mark-up sound intimidating.