What can we learn from Ubuntu Accomplishments?

Bruce Byfield ponders Ubuntu Accomplishments
http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/Blogs/Off-the-Beat-Bruce-Byfield-s-Blog/Ubuntu-Accomplishments-Fad-or-Future

I think TDF/LibreOffice should seriously consider implementing some
variation of Ubuntu Accomplishments.
http://opensourcedelivers.com/2012/06/06/the-gamification-of-community/

I've been seeing Jono Bacon's comments about this for awhile, but
until now I've been too busy to pay much attention. And I need to give
it a lot more thought before I personally could make a proposal. I'm
sure it will be a hot topic of discussion at the Community Leadership
Summit in Portland in July (Jono Bacon is giving a presentation).

I hope to come away from CLS with some great ideas for the TDF/LO
community -- even if I have no time to pursue them. :wink:
http://www.communityleadershipsummit.com/

--Jean

Jean Weber wrote:

[...]

      From reading these links, it appears that the principles for this are based upon psychological research that goes back to Pavlov's dogs and later B. F. Skinner's research in rewards and punishment. He designed and used the Skinner box in his research. Another result that has come from this is behavior modification which has been in use for some time (many decades).
      Books and articles on positive thinking also follow the same principles. They do discuss behavior modification after all.
      So while the terminology changes because of the background of the people like Bacon, the underlying principles remain the same. They do work, and work well.

--Dan

Hi :slight_smile:
+1
but it looks like a lot of work to set-up something like most forums already use and have used for decades.

I think the devs probably have something like this already and the docs team already encourages people to add their name into the front pages list of credits.