Setting default page size

Hello

I am little puzzled with LO Draw 3.5.

How do you set Draw so that it opens with the default page size of A4?

I have all the options set so that Draw uses the printer metrics for
formatting, yet each time I open Draw the page size is Letter. Being in
Europe my default page size on the printer is A4.

This did not arise when I did the Impress guide, because Impress does not
use a paper size for the slides.

Some help woould be appreciated.

Regards

PeterS

Hello again

Ignore this request for help.

I have found the setting to make sure Draw opens using A4 page size.

You go to Tools > Options > Language Settings > Locale setting and change it
to English (UK).

Now why didn't I think of that first. Brain is still asleep after the braai
yesterday (braai South African for a barbie).

Regards

PeterS

Hi :slight_smile:
Surely it's just

Format - Page - Page

and set the top option to A4?

Barbie = small doll
I dunno what is short for barbeque when written down.  It sounds the same but i guess misses the i.  That is weird that A4 is set by locale.  Nicely found!!

Tom, that only sets the page size for the current document, not the
default page size. Peter's follow-up note has the answer. --Jean

Peter,
Another way is to create a new default template for Draw, with page
size set to A4.
--Jean

The short form for barbecue is spelt "barbie" in Australia.

I think using a new default template is a better solution than
changing the locale, even though I didn't think of it at first.

--Jean

Hello Jean/Tom

A user in Europe would normally set their locale to the country for LO, so there should be no problem. The LO I am using for screen shots was set US. So it had me a little puzzled until my brain woke up.

Is this mentioned in the setting up guide?

Braai is short for braaivleis. An Afrikaans word meaning cooking meat using fire. After living in south Africa for many years I am used to using braai, which is much better sounding than barbecue.

PeterS

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

I suspect not, but I'd have to check. I am sure it is not in the
"Setting Up and Customizing" chapters of the various user guides, but
it should be. --> Makes note to fix this. <--

I've not heard the SA way but i like the sound of the Aussie way when it's spoken.  I had just not seen it written before.  I guess it is just one of those differences that is not really a difference, like Superman wearing his pants on the outside.