Undocumented pages in Help for Calc

In Tools > Options > LibreOffice Calc there are two pages that are not
documented in the Help or in the user guides: Formula and
Compatibility. In each case I do not know what the choices mean, so I
can't explain them. Can someone please help?

--Jean

Hi Jean

Formula Options Displays differently in the formula bar.
Calc A1 formula in cell A1= 2*SUM(B1:B4)
Excel A1 formula in cell A1 = 2*SUM(B1:B4)
Excel R1C1 formula in cell R1C1 =2*SUM(RC[1]:R[3]C[1]) R=Row C=Column obviously

In this simple example the difference between the first 2 are not obvious but the separators are different in some versions Excel and Calc when typed from the keyboard. The separators choices seem to override this in the examples I tried and the above.

I have never used the the Excel R1C1 type.

I would say that the explanation has been put in the "too hard" file. I cannot think of one that covers the first 2. The Excel R1C1 formula the column letters are changed to be numbers as well as the rows in the top 2. The formula shows where the answer is going.

As for Compatibility I do not know.

- Ian