Impress 3.4 Guide published

Thanks to PeterS's hard work, we now have Impress Guides for v3.4 and
v3.5. I think I've got all the files up to date and on both the wiki
and the website (except for the compiled v3.5 book, which I'll do
tomorrow). I made lots of little fiddly formatting changes as well as
finding a few (very few) items of substances.

I'm working on the v3.4 printed version now too.

Next I'll get back to the Calc Guide work that JohnS has been doing.

I like the work that has already gone into the Impress Guide already.  I think i would prefer to see results for the Calc Guide rather than polishing off the Impress Guide at this point.  Then on the wiki i could reduce the width of the Calc's 3.3.x guide to make it more consistent with the other guides.

I must say i am extremely impressed about how fast the team has brought all the guides up from 3.3.x to 3.4.x and further.  When i saw people working on the 3.4 rather than skipping it and going straight onto the 3.5.x i despaired of ever seeing any worthwhile results at all.  It had taken soooo long to get through GS and Writers that i thought 3.5.x would be past the end of it's life before the 3.4.x guides were ready! :frowning:

However, the work over the past month or so has been absolutely outstanding!!  It has been quite incredible watching the pace that the team set in getting the chapters out there!  It helps a lot on the Users List to be able to point to the wiki with complete confidence that the guides i am pointing too are very relevant to what people are using right now.

Good work that is much appreciated!
Very many thanks and regards to all the team (not just Impress and Draw) from
Tom :slight_smile:

Well, the Impress 3.4 Guide is now complete, so you're a bit behind the times. :wink:

I'll be getting back to the Calc Guide today, going through what JohnS has done. I think he and I will get through the rest of it fairly quickly.

Draw Guide is just as important as Calc IMO, perhaps more so because of some important changes in the program, so having PeterS work on that is very good.

I would like to see others working on updating the Getting Started book to v3.5.

Jean

Hello Jean

Thank you for the compliments about my efforts.

Technical writing is something I enjoy and try to be perfect at it (nobody
is perfect though). That ethos comes from seeing all those badly written
manuals that seem to come with every non-food item that you buy nowadays. A
well written manual saves money on providing support for users who do not
understand. I just wish that manufacturers would understand that little
thought.

I have started Draw LO3.5 and I have downloaded all the chapters. However,
there will be a short interruption until 9th June as we are off to Croatia
for a short holiday eating good food, drinking Croatian beer and plenty of
walking in the national park at Plitvice Lakes. That means no computer and
no internet.

Now switching to holiday mode.

PeterS

PeterS

Why are your sending me these emails addressed to somebody named Jean? I am not jean, so don't send me these kind of emails.

Hi!

You should have subscribed to this mailinglist...

Hello Yamini

If you are a subscriber to LibreOffice documentation forum then you will receive emails from the forum.