Impress Guide version LO3.4

Hello

Chapters 6 to 10 for the Impress Guide version LO 3.4 are now in the drafts
folder on the ODF Authors site.

Chapter 10 has had figures changed for PDF export and the text altered for
general PDF options. "Create hybrid file" has been added. This was removed
from LO3.5.

Only Chap 11 and Appendix A to do.

Regards

Peter

Yay, Peter! I'll process asap.

--Jean

Hello Jean

I found an cross reference error in Chap 10 LO3.5. I have corrected the ODT and created another PDF file. Should I put up on the ODF website or straight intot he wiki page?

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Put on the wiki if you can as well as in the Published folder on
ODFAuthors. And let me know which page etc so I can correct it in the
print edition as well.

It is on page 4 of Chap 10 in the note at the bottom last sentence. It should read "See “Selecting default print options” on page 7 for more information."

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Jean

ODT and PDF files of Chap 10 are on the ODF Authors website and I have uploaded to the wiki page.

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hello Jean

Chap 11 and Appendix A are now in the drafts folder on ODF Authors website.

Now to continue updating the Draw guide to LO3.5.

Please note that I shall be on a short holiday in Croatia from about 3rd June for about one week.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Thank you!

Another chapter to do when you have a chance is Getting Started with Impress 3.5. That should be quick and easy since you are now familiar with the changes.

Jean

Hello Jean

The Impress Getting Started chapter is now on my list. I shall have a look at it next week as this weekend has been reserved by lovely Polish wife for some DIY around our home.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

While skimming through the Impress v3.4 chapters, I spotted a few
errors that are also in v3.5 (I missed them before). I'll fix in both
versions. The only one I recall right now is a reference to the OOo
extensions website, which should be the LO extensions website. I'll
let everyone know when I've done all the minor updates.

--Jean

Hi Jean
Just to say that in the doc I'm working on now, there's a reference to two extensions on the LO extensions website, perhaps changed in an earlier version of the doc when going to 3.3, that is in error. What it refers to, appears to only be available on the OOo site. Searching on the LO site returns zero hits. I have marked it in the doc for further attention.
John

Oops. The point to be made is that just changing the site name doesn't mean the extension is there.
John

Yes, good catch. I've been trying to find those and amend or omit them.
--Jean