Does LibreOffice has official User Guide in Chinese?

Hi All!

I use LibreOffice recently, both in Windows and Linux. But I found
that there was no Official User Guide in Chinese. I search it on
Google, and still didn't find yet. (Maybe I lost something)

So does there have any LibreOffice User Guide in Chinese? If not, I
may start to translate it, first to Simplified, then to Traditional.
If I finished it. I want to submit it to community. To help other people
who spoke Chinese to learn and use LibreOffice easily.
Could someone give me an official answer?

Thanks!

Regards
Sun

Hi :slight_smile:
This is not an official answer and i might be wrong.  It's just my thoughts.

I think you are right!  I don't think there is a translation into Chinese yet!  To be fair i don't think even the Brazilian Guides are complete yet despite them having possibly the largest team.

There may be OpenOffice guides in Chinese (and many other languages) and they will cover most of what people need to know in order to gain a level of expertise and confidence to explore further on their own.

However, i think it would probably be best to translate from the LibreOffice Guides and just use the OOo ones for reference.  Although there are few changes a lot of extra functionality has been added.

It would be good to set things up in Alfresco to try to help you with work-flow.  I might try to look-up David's email address to ask him if he can help with that.  So, first step is to get an Alfresco login and maybe one for ODFAuthors too.

You can register yourself on the wiki so that you can add pages there.  You might find the wiki is a helpful place to keep notes for yourself that might help when new people join your team.  Unfortunately other people (any admin) need to register you for Alfresco and ODFAuthors so it's only the wiki you can push forwards right now.

I think a more realistic goal is to get the "Getting Started" guide into simplified.  When you have more members in your team then you might be able to get more done but it's a lot of work for 1 person so try not to aim too high just yet!

Welcome in btw :)  (sorry i don't know the other system of smilies.  Is :slight_smile: good/happy?)

Thanks for your reply!
You say first step is to get an Alfresco login, what does Alfresco do?
And very thank you for try to look-up David's email address. Hope that
I can get Alfresco account.

The ODFAuthors looks like just for OOo User Guides, not for
LibreOffice User Guides, should I continue to register?

Waiting for your help and reply.
Best Regards
Sun

Hello Alexander,

It would probably be a good idea to translate the ODF Authors guide in
chinese. I don't think you should need an Alfresco login for that.

best,
Charles.

Hi
Sorry for the question about Alfresco on previous email. I had read
the Contributors’ Guide.
Regards
Sun

Hello Charles
Thanks for your reply, I will do that!

Best Regards,
Alex

I can set up an account for you on Alfresco if you wish; just ask.
However, at this time most work in English is being done on the
ODFAuthors site. I think this page is for the Chinese section. Perhaps
you can tell from this page who set it up and who you should contact?
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/6b639ad44e2d6587/

Have you asked on one of the mailing lists if anyone else is
translating user guides into Chinese? See this page,
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Local_Mailing_Lists#Chinese

--Jean

I have set up an account for you on ODFAuthors. You should receive an
email with login information. When you first login, you can change
your password.

Regards, Jean

Thank you very much, Jean!
I am already translating the Documentation wiki and very appreciate
that you create the account for me. I will do more further work on it.

Very thanks for your help again!
Sun

Hi :slight_smile:
I think we still need to contact David to see if he can set-up areas in Alfresco so that Sun can use Alfresco to help with the work-flow.

I think a couple of other languages are using Alfresco?  Do we know what folders they need, what they found useful?

I think i managed to set-up a user account for AlexSun but i didn't know what groups to add, nor permissions nor about setting up the fodlers and giving Alex access to existing ones

Sorry!

Hi Alexander,

Hi,
Thanks for your reply!
You say first step is to get an Alfresco login, what does Alfresco do?
And very thank you for try to look-up David's email address. Hope that
I can get Alfresco account.

Sorry to be responding so late.

I've set-up an Alfresco account for you so you can take a look around,
and am mailing you your login credentials. It's basically a content
management/storage system for collaborative teamwork. For instance,
you can upload files to Alfresco and other people will be able to
download them, work on them and re-upload them.

You would be able to store your translated documentation there, for example.

ODFAuthors.org is a similar kind of facility. ODFAuthors is a project
that works on documentation for various software products,
theoretically, although OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice are certainly
its main focus.

Alexander,

I've set-up an Alfresco account for you so you can take a look around,
and am mailing you your login credentials.

I replied too rapidly without reading the entire thread. :wink: You
already have an account.

If you want me to set-up a folder specifically for Chinese content, I
can do this for you (although there are various other people on this
list who also have admin permissions, such as Jean and Tom.

Alfresco is *fairly* intuitive to use, but we're currently lacking a
comprehensive use guide for it - which I undertake to finish over the
next few days. :wink:

Hi :slight_smile:
I tend to find it 'better' to catch up by starting with the most recent emails and then working backwards.  That way is not perfect either tho!

Welcome back David! :slight_smile:
Many thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile: