misspellings and missing spaces in draft Writer Guide 3.4

Page 161 labelled should be labeled.

In the separated by: list (which may be_*labelled*_ Template on Windows or Styles on Linux), choose the outline level where the file should be split into subdocuments.

Page 365 grey should be gray

The TOC will not have any contents until you add the subdocuments, but you should see a _*grey*_ mark or box indicating its location.

Page 383 listof should be list of (need space)

Notice the Custom item in the Type _*listof*_ the DocInformation page; this is derived from the Custom Properties page of the Document Properties dialog box (Figure 392).

Page 411 This is a dealer's choice: American spelling is Favorite, and British spelling is Favourite. I guess it depends on the total manuscript spelling convention. (American English spelling or British English spelling.

_*Favourite*_ shape is a list of options.

Page 135 This is a dealer's choice: American spelling is Favorite, and British spelling is Favourite. I guess it depends on the total manuscript spelling convention. (American English spelling or British English spelling.

Add the document title so the header reads, for example: Peter's _*Favourite*_ Poems, left justified, and page x with right justification, where x is the value of the Page Number field.

Page 435 greyed-out should be grayed-out

Shortcut keys that are _*greyed-out*_ in the listing on the Customize dialog, such as F1 and F10, are not available for reassignment.

Page 159 greyed-out should be grayed-out

If you select PDF/A-1a, the forbidden elements are _*greyed-ou*_t (not available).

Page 371 thedialog should be the dialog

When the installation is complete, the extension is listed in _*thedialog.*_

Page 115 itis should be it is (needs a space)

Although centering all frames looks reasonably good in most cases,_*itis*_ rarely the best choice.

Page 175 styleand should be style and (need space)

In the Create Style dialog box (Figure 186), type a name for the new _*styleand*_ click OK to save the style.

Page 178 syle is misspelled, S/B style

Repeat for each formatted _*syle*_ you wish to replace.

Page 184 appling is misspelled S/B applying

Press Enter to start a new line and type First section heading, _*appling*_ the Heading 2 style.

Page 305 Synchronise should be Synchronize

On the Options tab, ensure that the Synchronise contents option is selected.

Page 308 Synchronise should be Synchronize

Thanks, John. Generally we're using US English spelling and UK punctuation conventions, but there are still a lot of chapters that have not been changed over from UK spelling. BTW, IIRC some of the En_US Help (for which we are not responsible) and the US GUI has some British spelling. This is a low priority work item, but your notes can help us spot the needed changes when we get to them in a future update. FYI, when some of the original OOo docs were written, chapter authors could choose which version of English to use.

At the moment all we're looking for is glaring errors like wrong or missing x-ref or figures, which will be fixed in this version of the book. A more thorough check such as you are doing is also good, but won't be dealt with immediately. I must say, though, that all those missing spaces are a worry (and will be fixed)!

--Jean