Open Source Style Guide

Hi Jean & Tom,

I suppose you know me as the guy trying to get people to come to
the Open Help Conference.

For a few years now, I've wanted to have an open source style guide
that's not tied to any one project or company. I know projects will
have their own in-house style, but it's always easier to base that
off an existing guide. Rather than using CMS or AP or Microsoft,
I'd like to have something developed by the open source community.

I've been working with Florian Nadge (Red Hat, Fedora) recently to
make this happen. We think the best way to get the project started
is to have a dedicated sprint with a core group of contributors
from different open source projects. We'd lay the groundwork, and
then open it up to the world.

Since I've already got open source documentation people coming to
Open Help, I offered to host a style guide sprint in the two days
leading up to the event, August 9-10.

It would be great to have a LO contributor involved. We really want
to avoid having this come off as a single-project guide.

Would either of you be interested in participating? Or do you know
of somebody else on your team who would be good to ask?

Thanks,
Shaun