instructions for preperation of the books for documentation

Hi Jean,
I/we on German ml need some help resp. instructions:
You made the whole books out of the individual chapters.
Now we want to do this for our "Erste Schritte-Handbuch".
Did you make it as a gobal document or did you do it in an other way?
And are there some mantraps on which we should have a look?

Yes, I used a master document (global document) as a starting point.
And yes there are sometimes traps.

Some (slightly out of date) instructions are in the last section of
"Producing LibreOffice User Guides",
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/5/5e/Producing-LO-userguides.odt
which refers to some instructions in the Writer Guide chapter on
Master Documents.

Some books work without problems; others do not. I have found that the
most reliable procedure is to use a master (global) document to
combine all the chapters, then export the result to ODT. Open the ODT,
break all the links (to embed the chapters), then remove all the
sections, then manually delete the copyright and TOC pages from the
individual chapters. Then I check for missing images and wrong or
missing cross-references.

--Jean