Unnoticed change in Writer.

Hi
I'm working through Calc to bring it up to 3.4 and I'm just starting a new chapter.
I'm using 3.4.6 of course.
Point 1. I find that the 'Find and Replace' dialogue is now called up using 'Control+H'. In release 3.4.5. this was 'Control+Alt+F'. All the finished Writer docs, or the vast majority anyway, were completed before 3.4.6. and so now contain wrong information, as the published docs are for 3.4.6. I remember altering the 'Find and Replace' text from release 3.3. to the newer text for release 3.4. before 3.4.6. came out.
This will need to be altered, including 'Annex A' for Writer.

Point 2. The 'Find' dialogue has altered too. It is now customizable to allow another button to be added; the 'Find and Replace' button. Screenshots and descriptions for this will require altering too for the sake of accuracy.

I don't know how this will affect the other Guides, perhaps those who were involved could check them out.

Point 3. The Help files call-up 'Find and Replace' with 'Control+F'. There's a mix-up there too.

The recent query I had regarding row heights in Calc, which so many were good enough to look at for me, was originally reported last year from the German docs team but didn't appear to make it's way to the English list as an information note. Is it possible for this change, regarding 'Find and Replace', to be passed to other languages lists so that it doesn't come as a surprise to them too. Would I be right in thinking that there is no mechanism in place at the moment for 'cross-connecting' information?

Hope this doesn't cause too much work all round.

John

Big Oops.
Forget Point 2. My bad. Too much sun in the garden today :-[
John

Hi :slight_smile:
I think there is a mailing list,;
"
l10n@global.libreoffice.org: Discussions list for people involved in LibreOffice localization. This list is in English. You might also want to consult the local and regional mailing lists table on our wiki, for mailing lists in other languages.

Sadly i have no idea if it's effective at disseminating information to all the different language lists or even if it's meant to.  I guess i kinda thought the normal
documentation@global.libreoffice.org
list was for spreading info to the various lists but we also chatter quite a bit.  I hadn't really thought about it.  I've cc'd the l10n list but i'm not subscribed so perhaps they could let us know the results if they discuss it.