[Q] Start Center in ch1, libreoffice writer guide

in page 13,

"From the Start Center. When LibreOffice is open but no document is
open (for example, if you close all the open documents but leave the
program running), the Start Center is shown. Click one of the icons to
open a new document of that type, or click the Templates icon to start
a new document using a template. If a document is already open in
LibreOffice, the new document opens in a new window."

We're talking about starting a new document from Start Center. "When
LibreOffice is open but no document is open, the Start Center is
shown." However the last sentence says, "If a document is already open
in LibreOffice.." It sounds a little strange, isn't it? Is there any
case that I can see the Start Center with other documents?

Hi :slight_smile:
No.  You are right, it can't be open at the same time as another document.  The final sentence in the paragraph might be better as the start of a new paragraph.  However, by describing the opposite case it reinforces the message of the rest of the paragraph which it appears to contradict.