Calc 3.4

Hi
I wonder if someone with a non-Windows OS could check something for me?
Could you open a new Calc document, put the focus other than A1 and then press Alt+Up arrow, and then after that, Alt+Down Arrow.
It's supposed to change the row height in the direction of the arrow.

Neither 3.4.6 on my Win XP, nor 3.5.2 on a Win 7 system does this.

Alt plus left/right arrows alters the column width on both machines ok. No problem there.

Thanks
John

I use Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit with LO versions from the LO website. I get
the same results as you have for LO 3.4.6 AND 3.5.2. A change in the
text perhaps?

--Dan

Hi I wonder if someone with a non-Windows OS could check
something for me? Could you open a new Calc document, put the
focus other than A1 and then press Alt+Up arrow, and then after
that, Alt+Down Arrow. It's supposed to change the row height in
the direction of the arrow.

Neither 3.4.6 on my Win XP, nor 3.5.2 on a Win 7 system does
this.

Alt plus left/right arrows alters the column width on both
machines ok. No problem there.

Thanks John

same thing running Fedora 16 using lo 3.4.5
mark

Hi I wonder if someone with a non-Windows OS could check
something for me? Could you open a new Calc document, put the
focus other than A1 and then press Alt+Up arrow, and then after
that, Alt+Down Arrow. It's supposed to change the row height in
the direction of the arrow.

Neither 3.4.6 on my Win XP, nor 3.5.2 on a Win 7 system does
this.

Alt plus left/right arrows alters the column width on both
machines ok. No problem there.

Thanks John

same thing running Fedora 16 using lo 3.4.5
mark

Same on Mac OSX 10.7.3 and 3.5.2

--Ian

Hello John

Alt+up or Alt+down does not adjust row height.
Alt+left or right alters the column width.

I am using LO 3.5.2. and with an iMac with Mac OS 10.7.3 and a Toshiba laptop using Ubuntu. Same result for both operating systems.

Regards

Peter Schofield
psauthor@gmail.com

Hi John,

John Smith schrieb:

Hi
I wonder if someone with a non-Windows OS could check something for me?
Could you open a new Calc document, put the focus other than A1 and then
press Alt+Up arrow, and then after that, Alt+Down Arrow.
It's supposed to change the row height in the direction of the arrow.

I'm not sure about that. This is Calc not Writer. In my keybindings Alt+Down is bound to 'Selection list'. It opens a list containing the entries from the cells above.

Kind regards
Regina

HI :slight_smile:
+1
Ubuntu 10.04 with LO 3.4.6 does the same

Hi John,

I'm using OpenSuSE 12.1, kernel 3.1.10-28, x86-64 (64 bit), LibreOffice 3.5.3 RC1 (available since yesterday), rpm, x86-64
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/

I check the Calc Keyboard Shotcut in the Help and I see that your attended behavior is the right one, but in my above system too I see that:

- alt + left key and alt + right key work fine;

- alt + up key and alt + down key still don't work at all (nothing happens) in 3.5.3 RC1 too.

I think it's time to check if there is bug filed already and if it's the case to file a new one
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

Have a nice day,

Carlo

Hi John,

I'm using OpenSuSE 12.1, kernel 3.1.10-28, x86-64 (64 bit), LibreOffice 3.5.3 RC1 (available since yesterday), rpm, x86-64
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/

I check the Calc Keyboard Shotcut in the Help and I see that your attended behavior is the right one, but in my above system too I see that:

- alt + left key and alt + right key work fine;

- alt + up key and alt + down key still don't work at all (nothing happens) in 3.5.3 RC1 too.

I think it's time to check if there is bug filed already and if it's the case to file a new one
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

Have a nice day,

Carlo

Hi :slight_smile:
i get the same on Windows too.  Alt and left or right alter width but with up or down nothing changes.  Win Xp Sp3, LO 3.4.?  i think 3.4.5

Hi

--
ing. Carlo Strata
-

With spreadsheet with data, atl-left/alt-right resize while alt-up does nothing and alt-down gives a scroll box filled with data from the column. Using Linx Mint 12 & LO 3.5.2