Corrected version of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.4

Corrected version of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.4 is now on
the wiki, ODFAuthors, and Alfresco.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#Getting_Started_with_LibreOffice

No doubt errors remain (they always do), but I think it's clean enough
for me to declare it done.

I still have some corrections to make to the individual chapters.

Thanks to all who worked on this book, and special thanks to Hazel for
proofing the first PDF. Some of her suggestions have not been
included, as they involve some rework; they'll go on the list for
v3.5.

Tomorrow I hope to find time to do the printed edition. I'll let you
know when that is available.

--Jean

Hi Jean,

Corrected version of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.4 is now on
the wiki, ODFAuthors, and Alfresco.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#Getting_Started_with_LibreOffice

No doubt errors remain (they always do), but I think it's clean enough
for me to declare it done.

I still have some corrections to make to the individual chapters.

Thanks to all who worked on this book, and special thanks to Hazel for
proofing the first PDF. Some of her suggestions have not been
included, as they involve some rework; they'll go on the list for
v3.5.

Tomorrow I hope to find time to do the printed edition. I'll let you
know when that is available.

Thanks for the work.

Which program do you use to get the pdf?
In the odt there are no scratches on the logo of LibreOffice (cover) but in the pdf.
When I export the odt to pdf with the pdf-exporter of LibO there I don't get the scratches but I don't know which other problems may occur.

I created the PDF using LibO.
I don't see any scratches when I view the PDF on my Mac (using Preview).

it looks fine on Ubuntu 10.04 with Document-viewer 2.30.3  The last page looks a little scratched .  Is this likely to be a graphics issue at mine and klaus' end?

The back cover (created with GIMP) looks bad at some magnifications on screen, especially in the ODT but less so in PDF. It looks fine when printed on the Lulu books. One of these days I may check the PDFs on one of my other machines and see if streaks are visible.

Jean

HI :slight_smile:
I didn't see any scratches in WinXp Sp3 using Adobe Reader.  I zoomed in quite a lot too and it was still ok.  I haven't got Foxit or anything else on this machine at the moment.