Documentation on website www.libreoffice.org

Hi all,
our website www.libreoffice.org shows some documentation [1]. These are all(?) for Version 3.3.
There is no hint
a) that it is for 3.3 and
b) that we also have some for 3.4 (and in near time some for 3.5).

Should we announce the documentation
- only for 3.3 or
- always for the newest version
- or for both (and if so what will we do when 3.5 is on air)?

Or will it be better to link directly from the page to the wiki [2]?

[1] https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation
[2] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

I had been thinking recently about the same problem. IMO the easiest, and clearest, solution for the user would be to rewrite what's on the website and link to the wiki page. I'll do that later this week if no one objects.

I'm also thinking that the wiki page may soon need some modification, perhaps splitting it into 2 (or, later, more) pages. A third column, for v3.5 docs, may require some users to scroll horizontally, not a desirable situation. Another possibility is to amend the text in the columns slightly to reduce their width, though I don't think that will save enough space.

At the rate you are all going at the moment we could just drop the first column for 3.3.x documentation and just have the 3.4.x and 3.5.x, or just cut the 3.3.x down to just pdf and odf downloads without the dates, pages or any of the other extras.

The official website needs to be as simple as possible with as few choices as possible because choice confuses people and they are not used to it in computers.  They often seem to think there should be only 1 ring to rule them all.

The wiki-page is for people that like to know what goes on behind the scenes, or are used to OpenSource or like being ahead of the game.

The 3.4.x guides haven't made it to the official site because they have only just been completed.  We haven't even had time to discuss the merits of having half the official guides for a newer branch from the other guides versus the idea of keeping them all consistent.  Personally at this point i favour getting the nice newer ones up there but i doubt everyone would agree.

Other possibilities for the official website are:
* Have more than one page for documentation, with each page listing
docs for only one version, and the first page listing the versions
with links to the appropriate pages.
* Amend the top of the existing page
(http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/) to clearly say
which version the docs listed are for, and that there are docs for
other versions on the wiki. I should have made this change long ago.

The second item is fast and easy to implement. I will do so, unless
someone else with write access gets to it first.

--Jean