Topics missing from Writer Guide

While doing some other work, I discovered that some IMO important
topics do not appear to be covered in the Writer Guide at all, but
should be. I would like to add them to the next edition. The
discussion probably does not need to be long or detailed.

* Adding spreadsheets and charts to a Writer document; these could
probably go into the chapter on tables, which already includes info on
using spreadsheet functions in ordinary Writer tables

* Adding a movie or sound; I'm not at all sure where to put this info

--Jean

Jean:

        I think you can put it under a tittle like "Multimedia",
"Inserting media in Writer". And put together about inserting pictures,
sounds, video and others.

What do you think?

Regards from
Sylvia

Hi :slight_smile:
I think that is all quite advanced stuff that would be good for the 3.5.x branch guides (or are we going to skip that one and go straight for the 3.6.x?)

The 3.5.x branch seems to have been a bit of a flop.  The 3.4.x had problems early but somehow it seems worse in 3.5.x, possibly because i wasn't expecting it this time.

Well, yes, Tom, I was talking about a future release of the book in my original note from which the bit below was quoted. Whether it's for 3.5 or 3.6 or later isn't a big issue.

Jean