Hello Everyone

Hey guys,

My name is Ross, and I'd like to help with documentation. I'm a good writer
and have written a few articles for individuals and businesses in Jamaica;
I also wrote several communication and psychology projects for students at
Northern Caribbean University in Jamaica.

May I please be given a chapter or section to write, an upload link and
then you guys see if I'm worthy to continue.

Thanks

Hi :slight_smile:
Generally people pick their own things that interest them or that they really want to see done.

If you are using LibreOffice 3.5.x then Impress might be a good guide to work on.  You could try proof-reading Chapter 7 or do the first draft of Chapter 9.  Someone has just laid claim to Chapter 8.  You can get a fairly good idea of what needs doing from this page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
Base is a bit of a nightmare to write for as there is no first guide to work from.  There are a few people working on it.

I think most people are unhappy with the 3.5.x branch and seem to be racing through the last few guides for 3.4.x.  Draw would be a great guide to work on but i think someone has already made a start.

Good luck, welcome in and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

<quote author="PeeWee">
Hello

Chap 07 Including Spreadsheets, Charts and Other Objects has been uploaded to ODF Authors in Draft LO3.5 ready for review.

Now for Chap 08.

Regards

Peter
</quote>

A quick-and-dirty update of the Calc Guide to LO v3.4 would be useful.
Any major improvements needed could be noted and done for LOv3.5.
Someone is willing to work on that but won't be available for some
weeks.

A list of known changes needed for v3.4 is here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Calc_Guide

There may be others, that I didn't identify.

If you'd prefer to work on writing something new, instead of updating,
I can make some othe suggestions.

--Jean