LO3.5 Writer - page reformat problem

Hello

I am getting frustrated with a reformat problem in Writer 3.5.

Each time I place a graphic in frame and set the anchor for the graphic or
adjust the frame size, the frame immediately jumps to the next page and the
text below the frame jumps to the next page. The only way to get the pages
to reformat is save, close the document and then re-open the document.

Does anybody know a solution or is this a bug in LO3.5? This did not happen
in LO3.4.

Regards

Peter

Hi :slight_smile:
Is this anything to do with the weird bug that occasionally happens when "Autosave" is on?  Can you switch autosave off and see if the problem keeps happening?  Also what are the wrap options for the figure?

Hello Tom

Autosave is switched off because this helps with the missing graphics
problem (Jean's idea). Even with Autosave switched, the problem is there.

Wrap for frames is None as I am using the template for LO user guides.

I have even tried using Tools > Update > Update All to see if the pages
reformat, but to no avail.

Regards

Peter

Peter,
Is this a general problem, or did it suddenly show up with a particular file?

I haven't been using LO 3.5, but I could give it a try to see what
happens for me.

--Jean

Hello Jean

This is a general problem and has happened with other files, including files
not for LibreOffice.

Regards

Peter

I just got the announcement of LO 3.5.2, bug fix release. Perhaps that
will cure the problem? (One can hope!)

--Jean

Hello Jean

Looks like LO 3.5.2 has cured the problem, but needs further testing. More
on this when I start Chap 08 of the Impress Guide.

Regards

Peter

Hello

Updating to LO3.5.2 has NOT solved the page reformat problem of extra space
being added when you add a new figure frame or when you edit an existing
figure frame. The only improvement is that the frame being worked on no
longer jumps to the next page, space is just added below.

My solution at the moment is to place the cursor next to the frame paragraph
symbol and press the delete key. This brings the following paragraph up to
the frame. I press the Enter key to recreate the paragraph and reformat the
following paragraph to the correct style.

Regards

Peter