ToCs in italics for a reason?

Hi :slight_smile:
There has been a suggestion about the ToCs.  This was from the chap that was congratulating the team earlier.

I quite like the look of ToCs all being in italics but i hadn't really thought about it.  I think italics are quite an old style?  The suggestion made me suddenly wonder if there is a convention or a reason why ToCs are in italics?

I don't know why the ToC is in italics; I didn't create the styles in
the template. I'm not aware of any convention on this. FWIW, the ToC
in the OOo guides was not in italics.

It's easy enough to change in the template, if people want to have
that done. BTW, I'm not too happy about the colour of the links,
either, but I've not been concerned enough to suggest changing any of
the style.

Lol, i hadn't noticed the colour either.  A higher contrast against the white background would be good.  I think the green used in headings wouldn't work so well with the thiin normal font.  Perhaps plain black or dark blood-red?

I do not know if there exists a convention, but there should be a
different font face / weight / size used for the top-level ToC items.
Otherwise it is very difficult to distinguish them. Taking "The C
Programming Language" as an example, the top-level headings are in
bold, and the subheadings are in regualar weight and _heavily_
indented.