FAQ-structure. Was: Wiki

Hi :slight_smile:
I think having the 2-letter language-code at the end of urls is really painful but it's what has been used in the rest of LO's wiki.  I don't know how to change it or even if it would be wise to change it now.  Presumably people did discuss and vote on where to put the 2 letter code?

Note that in the Brazilian pages they do a half-way thing
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/pt-br/Tradução

So perhaps other languages also have their own uniquely different ways of doing this?

Oh, errr on a side issue you can't just rename the subject-line unless you use "Forwards" instead of "Reply".  "Forwards" breaks it into a new thread.  "Reply" doesn't.  So i used forwards this time and copy&pasted the docs team address into the "To2 field.  Don't worry if that doesn't make sense, it's a bit weird.

It's less about how it has been used but rather how the wiki is set up. You
might want to read the instructions[1] if you want to learn how it is
intended.

Nino
[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Multilingual_Wiki

Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks :)  I read that just AFTER my last post to you as you had included it in your previous.  I think it still looks a bit messy but at least now i know the Brazilians were doing it properly.  I think it's practically impossible to write a simple and easily understandable generic header/menu that could be copied from page to page to deal with it, right?  With directories and folder structures you could use
..
to go back one level but i don't think there is an equivalent for wiki-pages is there?

Thanks :slight_smile: I read that just AFTER my last post to you as you had included it
in your previous. I think it still looks a bit messy but at least now i
know the Brazilians were doing it properly. I think it's practically
impossible to write a simple and easily understandable generic header/menu
that could be copied from page to page to deal with it, right?

Depends on what you want to achieve.

With
directories and folder structures you could use ..
to go back one level but i don't think there is an equivalent for wiki-pages
is there?

Sure: [[../]] links "up" (to parent Page), though this is not necessary as the
breadcrumb path does the same.

Consequently, [[../OtherPage]] links to a sibling. You can even use [[../../]]
to link two levels up :slight_smile:

So it's just like in the file system.

Creating a Subpage is a little bit different though: To point to a subpage of
the present page, you have to put a slash before the Page name. On e.g.
Documentation/WriterGuide, the entry
[[ChapterOne]] will point to top level entry ChapterOne.
[[/ChapterOne]] however will point to the subpage under the current page,
i.e., Documentation/WriterGuide/ChapterOne.
That's the only thing you have to keep in mind.

Nino