Ping JohnS: Writer Guide Chapter 6 latest iteration

John, I would appreciate your checking my changes, most of which are
in addition to the ones you made earlier, which I have accepted.
Thanks.
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/writer-guide/feedback-lo3.4/wg3.4-ch6-intro-to-styles/view

--Jean

Hi
OK I'll get back to this one as soon as I finish the current one, Ch16, which is almost done.

Regards
John

Hi :slight_smile:
Good work chap!  :)  Glad you are on the team :slight_smile:

John, I know you changed some of the character styles info in Chapter
6, but I don't recall if this was mentioned.

(From Bug #40702) The section "Applying character styles" needs a hint
that to transfer only character style without paragraph style, you
have to press "Control" when you select the characters to what the
style should be transferred using 'Format Paintbrush' (See Writer Help
under heading "Copying Formatting With the Format Paintbrush"). I am
not sure whether "Control" is valid for all OS.

--Jean

Hi
I've put Writer Chapter 16 into ODFAuthors, along with a zipped file of all the graphics into the Writer graphics folder.
I've checked out Ch6 and will get on with it asap.
Thanks and regards
John

Hi :slight_smile:
Good work John! :)  Cooking on gas :slight_smile:

Hi
Revised chapter 6 and placed on ODFAuthors.
Revised chapter 6 graphics file loaded to the Writer graphics folder too.

Regards
John

For Linux distributions Control key is valid, everytime it is using a
QWERTY keyboard. I don't know in Windows and Mac OS how it works.

Hope this helps