LO Media Player

Does anyone know what the preferred format for video files is with the
LO media player? I've tried most every format I can think of and keep
getting "incompatible file type"

mark

“ "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not
only plan, but also believe." - Anatole France
<http://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/38274/anatole-france/to-accomplish-great-things-we-must-not-only-act-but>

  Get this email app!
<http://www.wisestamp.com/apps/quotes?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_term=quotes&utm_campaign=apps>
Twitter <http://twitter.com/mdmpsyd> Latest tweet: BeeCloud.eu offers a
Free 512GB online backup solution. http://t.co/Agsq5jqc
Follow @mdmpsyd <http://twitter.com/mdmpsyd> Reply
<http://twitter.com/?status=@mdmpsyd%20&in_reply_to_status_id=168337935505162240&in_reply_to=mdmpsyd>
Retweet
<http://twitter.com/?status=RT%20%40mdmpsyd%3A%20BeeCloud.eu%20offers%20a%20Free%20512GB%20online%20backup%20solution.%20http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FAgsq5jqc>
   09:17 Feb-11 <http://twitter.com/mdmpsyd/statuses/168337935505162240>

  Get this email app!
<http://www.wisestamp.com/apps/twitter?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_term=twitter&utm_campaign=apps>

                  Get a signature like this.
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=18&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_18>
        Click here.
<http://r1.wisestamp.com/r/landing?promo=18&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wisestamp.com%2Femail-install%3Futm_source%3Dextension%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dpromo_18>

I tested the following successfully webm, ogg, and mkv formats. The mp4 gave audio without any video.

Thanks. webm didn't work for me. My next step was to try ogg (and mkv
is a new one for me)

mkv is Bluray ... HD

Rogerio

Hi :slight_smile:
Mkv is a container.  That allows you to add an srt file(/s) or other subtitles and potentially have the various audio and even video files inside the same file together.

It's a bit like being able to open .Odt files as though they were zipped files and then see the various different elements such as pictures and stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska

Hi Guys,

I am new to this list and would like to know how I can kick off in contributing to this end of LibO. I know this is a noob question but is there also a way to access forum archives?

Regards,
Bala

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome in! :)  Hopefully people will set you up with logins for the websites at ODFAuthors and Alfresco.  I think most people are still using ODFAUthors although they are trying to move to Alfresco when it becomes convenient for whichever chapter they are working on.

The wiki-pages might be a little out of date but it might be good to have a skim through
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation

Good luck and regards from

Well ... and there goes my ignorance ... I only see mkv files in Bluray
rips ... :)))

Should stick to things I know :)))

Thx for the feedback

Rogerio

Hi :slight_smile:
I think my ignorance added to yours is beginning to make sense of it.  Apparently Ogg also works as a container and can have srt files and more inside them too.

There was a fairly recent post by Jean that gave a great list of things that need doing and how far other things have progressed.

I KNOW , avi is the same :))))))

Rogerio

Bala,

Welcome! I have set up an account for you on ODFAuthors. You should
receive an email with a link to set your password.

I will let you know when I have a chance to set up an account for you
on Alfresco, if someone else doesn't do it first.

As Tom said, most of us are working on ODFAuthors at the moment.
DavidN is updating the instructions for using the LO setup of
Alfresco, and we'll be progressively moving our work back there over
the next few weeks.

--Jean

Hi Bala,

As Tom said, most of us are working on ODFAuthors at the moment.
DavidN is updating the instructions for using the LO setup of
Alfresco, and we'll be progressively moving our work back there over
the next few weeks.

I've set you up with an Alfresco account, so that you have access to
both facilities. Welcome to the team, and thanks for volunteering.

Hi,

I've set you up with an Alfresco account, so that you have access to
both facilities. Welcome to the team, and thanks for volunteering.

By the way, I've added you to the English group, for working on
English-language material, but if you would like to work on
translations into another language, please let us know and a special
folder can be set-up for that.

Jean,

Thanks for that and feels great to be able to give back to the community!

I am looking at the structure over at ODF Authors and will try to learn as much as I can.

Regards,
Bala