[MariaDB Announce] SkySQL & MariaDB: Solutions Day for the MySQL® Database

Hi :slight_smile:
MariaDb is a drop-in replacement for MySql in the same way that LibreOffice is a drop-in replacement for MySql and for similar reasons (ie many of the devs were unhappy with Oracle's 'management')

I lurk on their lists sometimes and thought that the various people working on LibreOffice Base in various different mailing lists might be interested to know of the event they have planned.

I'm not on the LO design list so CC me or the other lists in on discussions/comments if you want.

I think you've typo'd something in that sentence, Tom.

Hi :slight_smile:
Dohhhh.  Lol, thanks :slight_smile:

Hopefully people still the remember OpenOffice and spot the 'deliberate' mistake :wink: lol.  I was still very late for work anyway so i could have taken my time and then maybe not caught every red-light and crazy car driver on the way in.