LibreOffice 3.5 problems and info required

Hello

I have just started upgrading Impress Chap 06 to LO 3.5 and have come across
a couple of problems.

*1st Problem*

Opening the ODT file I get the warning message "Template already exists".
What does this mean?

When I used LO3.4 I had template changer extension installed. Installing
LO3.5 template changer extension has disappeared and now I cannot reinstall
the template changer extension using the Extension Manager. LO3.5 does not
recognise the extension. I need this extension so that I can make sure that
I am using the same template I used for LO3.4 Impress chapters.

I presume that there is no template available yet for LO guides created in
LO3.5.

*2nd Problem*

When inserting new graphics into frames I am getting extra space below the
graphic. Why? In LO3.4 this did not happen. Is this happening because I do
not know what template is being used in LO Writer.

Regards

Peter

Hello

I have just started upgrading Impress Chap 06 to LO 3.5 and have come across
a couple of problems.

*1st Problem*

Opening the ODT file I get the warning message "Template already exists".
What does this mean?

When I open that file in LO3.5 on my system (Mac OS X Lion), I don't
get that message.

When I used LO3.4 I had template changer extension installed. Installing
LO3.5 template changer extension has disappeared and now I cannot reinstall
the template changer extension using the Extension Manager. LO3.5 does not
recognise the extension. I need this extension so that I can make sure that
I am using the same template I used for LO3.4 Impress chapters.

The extension is available to me, already installed in LO3.5, on my
system. Perhaps LO3.5 is picking it up from the same profile files
that LO3.4 is using?

I will put a copy of the extension on the ODFAuthors website.

I presume that there is no template available yet for LO guides created in
LO3.5.

That is correct. I don't think we need a new one, do we? Might as well
continue to use the v3.4 template.

*2nd Problem*

When inserting new graphics into frames I am getting extra space below the
graphic. Why? In LO3.4 this did not happen. Is this happening because I do
not know what template is being used in LO Writer.

Do you mean when replacing the graphics that were in that file? If so,
check to see if there is an extra blank paragraph in the frame, above
the caption. (With end-of-paragraph markers turned on, that should be
easy to see.) I like to anchor graphics "as character" in a separate
paragraph (not the caption paragraph); so when the graphic is deleted,
the paragraph remains. When I put in a replacement graphic, it has the
equivalent of an extra line below it, until I anchor the graphic as
character. That may be what you are seeing; if so, it's nothing to do
with LO3.5.

If that's not the cause, I don't know what's causing it.

--Jean

Hello Jean

Sorted the problem with the extension. Apparently it had the wrong extension to the filename, which seem to solve it. However, a second try because I re-installed LO3.5 did not work and kept getting the error message that it was not an extension. Solution was to totally remove LO and re-install LO3.4.5. Template changer is now installed, but yet to try LO3.5. However, read my message Big Disaster and still getting over that embarrassment.

I shall be trying the graphics problem later. I was installing graphics onto their own paragraph when the extra space appeared at the bottom of the frame below the caption. This was why I was trying to get the 3.4 template into LO3.5 to see if that was the problem. Only tomorrow will tell when I have another go with LO3.5. This time I shall be careful.

Regards

Peter