Alfresco

Hi all,
are there some new informations about the availability and functionality of LibO-Alfresco?
Otherwise I will comment out the links in our main wiki menu as long as Alfresco isn't available.

Hi :slight_smile:
Can you comment-out without deleting?  Is it the # symbol or a ' ?  As long as you can avoid deleting the links it makes sense to go for it.

Can you comment-out without deleting?

Of course. It is only a comment-out no deleting.

Is it the # symbol or a ' ?

It's a <!-- in front and --> at the end of the text which I want to comment out. The text itself will be available.

As long as you can avoid deleting the links it makes sense to go for it.

done by now

Hi :slight_smile:
Ahah, thanks :slight_smile: So, that's 2 things i have learned from this list today :slight_smile:
Thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Now available again on the wiki menu.

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

Otherwise I will comment out the links in our main wiki menu as long as
Alfresco isn't available.

Now available again on the wiki menu.

Those two links could usefully be replaced by one single link to
http://alfresco.libreoffice.org with the label "Alfresco" or "Alfresco
Repo" or "Alfresco Repository". The first would save the most space,
while the latter would be most explicit and descriptive.

In any case, thanks for your diligence.

P.S. Alternatively, you could put one link "Alfresco Login" pointing
to http://alfresco.libreoffice.org and one link to "Alfresco Browser"
pointing to http://media.libreoffice.org

Hi Klaus-Jürgen, Tom,

Great job for fixing the Alfresco link in the wiki header menu. I
noticed that the Documentation sub-menu still sports the two entries
for Alfresco Share and Alfresco Explorer.

I guess that, ideally, one would either want to do the same fix
there... Or even, since Alfresco and ODFAuthors both feature in the
main section of the header menu, maybe one would want to zap the 3
entries in the sub-menu and replace them with links - for example - to
key documentation volumes (or some other relevant content)...?

Anyway, just an after-thought... hardly an urgent thing...

Hi David,

Hi Klaus-Jürgen, Tom,

Great job for fixing the Alfresco link in the wiki header menu. I
noticed that the Documentation sub-menu still sports the two entries
for Alfresco Share and Alfresco Explorer.

I guess that, ideally, one would either want to do the same fix
there... Or even, since Alfresco and ODFAuthors both feature in the
main section of the header menu, maybe one would want to zap the 3
entries in the sub-menu and replace them with links - for example - to
key documentation volumes (or some other relevant content)...?

Anyway, just an after-thought... hardly an urgent thing...

I think we should remove the whole items in the third menu bar:
The links to Alfresco and ODFAuthors are on the top menu, the "Installing in parallel" isn't really a documentation item.

So, if we want a third menu the content should be:
- main documentation page
- Publications
- Team
- Production

I will change them now. We can take it back if you think the old (or an other) way is better.

But these items are in the main page of documentation so do we need the third menu bar?

Please have a look.

Grüße
k-j

Hi :slight_smile:
I don't like the background colour and the link to the Faq is wrong.  It should go to
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq

Most people like blue but i prefer greens, reds, perhaps this tan #fde9a9 (which has been used on a number of other pages).

However i really like the new way (despite what i said above).  It looks smart, neat and tidy.  It seems to be more relevant and useful.  I can't remember the old one now but i vaguely remember just trying to ignore it.  Despite what i said above i have already found it useful :slight_smile:

Good work :slight_smile:
Thanks and regards from
Tom :slight_smile: