Animation in Impress

Hello

I need some help with Animation when using Impress. I am updating the
Impress Guide and have now reached Animation.

There is Insert > Animated Image, which opens the Animation dialog AND
Custom Animation on the Tasks pane in Impress. Why does Impress have two
tools for animations?

The Animation dialog is poorly explained and does not help understand how it
works. Custom Animation on the Tasks pane has not been explained in the old
versions of the Impress Guide.

I have tried to create animations, but they appear not to be working even
though I have allowed sufficient time for each frame to display.

The animated image is supposed to be displayed in the Animation dialog, but
this is not happening. I have tried this on three computers with different
operating systems. All with the same result.

Is there a problem with animation in Impress?

If there is anybody out there who has experience with animations, can you
please write a story that a beginner could understand.

Regards

Peter

As far as I can remember, custom animation refers to animated slide transitions, not animated images within slides.

Hello Hazel

Custom Animation is used to animate objects on the slide. I have already tried this and can see it working.

What I cannot understand is why there are two ways of animating objects. The explanations in the help system do not answer this question. Nor do they help me in trying to write the user instructions.

I shall soldier on and check another presentation program to see how animation works.

Regards

Peter