PING: version 3.5 developers -- common template path reporting error still exists

Now that Beta 3 of version 3.5 has been out a few days already, is it likely that the Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Paths > Templates reporting error for the common template path might be fixed in time for the RC expected on 8 Feb? (Being an embedded microcontroller firmware programmer, I assume that rectifying the errant path in the coding should be a very simple task.)

The incorrect path (for the Windows version) is still listed as being (the ambiguous) C:\Program Files\LOdev 3.5\program\..\share\template\common (which does not exist) instead of the assumed correct path, C:\Program Files\LOdev 3.5\share\template\common, which does exist.

Gary

Hi :slight_smile:
Please post a bug-report about it and perhaps contact the devs
list too?
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport
Regards
from
Tom :slight_smile:

That is definitely not an unreported bug, so what purpose would refiling a bug report accomplish?

I simply stated that this bug, among others, still is not fixed--which would be a very simple recoding effort--replace the faulty path with the correct path...

Gary

Gary
  LO 3.5 RC1 is already out I just downloaded and installed it on my Mac it takes the your main LibreOffice preferences information not the LOdev one which I found had a tendency to overwrite your preferences .

Ian

Thanks for the heads-up. I just uninstalled 3.4.4 and beta 3 of 3.5 and installed the 3.5 RC1.

I still have the buggy common template path reporting. However, I deleted the incorrect factory-default common template path and added my own path to the (supposedly correct) common path. That did not take the first time--it reverted back--but the second time it worked OK and it seems to have taken hold afterward.

Is this bug related to any particular OS or might this be a continuing error in the Windows installer or whatever?

Gary