I just put some Getting Started chapters on the wiki

On the principle of "publish early and often", I've just put several
more chapters of the Getting Started guide v 3.4 on the wiki: Calc,
Impress, Base, Math, Graphics. Some or all may need replacement later
with corrected or more polished versions, but already this book is IMO
much improved over the hastily-published v3.3.

I also put Writer Guide Ch 8 (Graphics) on the wiki. Looking around to
see what else might be ready or at least good enough. Impress chapters
1 and 2, I think (see previous note).

It looks great :)  It was a surprise to see so many chapters added in one big go.  I will let the North American Dvd Project people know although i haven't heard from Tim in quite a long time now.

I liked the compromise of "3.4.x branch, stable from 3.4.4".  Hopefully that covers both concerns?