Alfresco web site

The log-in window open nicely for Alfresco now, but I'm wondering
if we should wait until we hear more from Denis before really doing
anything on the site. (I have not tried to log in.)

--Dan

Hi Dan, guys,

The log-in window open nicely for Alfresco now, but I'm wondering
if we should wait until we hear more from Denis before really doing
anything on the site. (I have not tried to log in.)

--Dan

The Alfresco site is still down at this time, and a login won't work.
It's a completely fresh new install, but the Alfresco guys need to do
some work on it. I'll be posting back with updates.

A restoration of the disk backup of Dec 22 failed to restore all the
repo data. It will be necessary to upload everything all over again.

However, the only comfort is that we will have a completely stable
installation of an Alfresco version that fixes all previous issues.
Any future upgrades will be entrusted to the Alfresco team.

As mentioned before, Alfresco is now on its own independent VPS (both
the http://alfresco.libreoffice.org site and the
http://media.libreoffice.org site), and Florian Effenberger and the
Alfresco project now have full root login access on the server.

Very sorry for the temporary outage, and for the need to re-upload all
content again. More news soon.

Hi :slight_smile:
Ouch!!  These things happen with any system.  Are people able to use the ODFauthors system until things are repaired or is it likely to be fixed faster than that?

I'm sorry i have no skill or expertise to help sort the problems.  I am still in a weird limbo where i expect to vanish suddenly any day.
Apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

*ALL* content?

What good is a backup if you can't restore from it? (Rhetorical question.)

Good thing I, and some others, grab personal copies of things as soon
as someone says they've uploaded something. But even I don't have a
copy of everything. I hope that between several of us, we can get back
to where we were... when we get a chance.

However -- how can any of us feel confident that after we spend hours
restoring the site, it won't choke again and return us to this point?
I'd done quite a bit before this last collapse, so I'm quite
unenthusiastic about spending the time to do it again. "Completely
stable" sounds good, but I'm not convinced.

I am *this close* to abandoning Alfresco and moving to the ODFAuthors
site. Would be no more work than getting Alfresco back to working
order.

--Jean

Isn't this, like, the second time that most, if not all, LO content was lost? Wasn't anything learned at all from the first experience by not having reliable backup. Many here in the US have offsite backup available for $50 a year, if they so choose, if they don't do backup themselves.

Sheesh! What planning... Managers typically get fired outright for even one such experience of this nonsense.

Gary