Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2011 Archives by date, by thread · List index


Hi Jean,

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
On 31/12/2011, at 14:40, David Nelson <lists@traduction.biz> wrote:
OK, I've been surveying the repository, and the folders with which
there appears to be a problem are as follows:

Repository> English> Documentation> Impress Guide> Drafts
Repository> English> Documentation> Impress Guide> Proofing
Repository> English> Documentation> Base Guide> Drafts
Repository> English> Documentation> Calc Guide> Drafts
Repository> English> Documentation> Getting Started Guide> Drafts
Repository> English> Documentation> Writer Guide> Drafts
Repository> English> Documentation> Writer Guide> Published
Repository> Español> Guía de primeros pasos> 0 Documentos originales
Repository> Español> Guía de primeros pasos>1 Pendientes de traducir

[snip]

I'm *suspecting* that the affected folders may have been uploaded into
while the upgrade was being done... I've noticed that stuff
uploaded/updated before and after Dec 29/Dec 30 *seems* to be intact.
Am I correct about that?


I'm fairly sure you are wrong about that. AFAIK, nothing new or changed was done to several of 
those folders, but I won't be able to check them until tomorrow. And, of course, I could be 
unaware of things others have done in addition to Hazel and Peter.

Well, I've found instances of activity recorded after Dec 29 that are
intact within the repo. And I've just tried a download/edit/upload new
version, which worked OK. So I think that any work done on the repo
from now on will be alright.

In any case, Monday I'll be checking things out more thoroughly. There
is a backup of the repo that was taken before the upgrade, and there
is a previous backup taken Dec 25.

Apparently I missed the note in which we were advised in advance of the timing of this upgrade, 
so we could avoid up- or downloading files during the work.

Mea culpa. I've been frantically busy workwise recently, and found an
unplanned timeslot for the upgrade at a time when I figured that
Europe/Asia-Pacific would be largely asleep or early in the morning,
and went ahead. I was keen to bring the new 4.0.c improvements to the
LibO repo because the file uploading is much more robust (I've been
extensively testing it in my own work).

After investigating the problem, I'll be working on restoring any lost content.

Please feel free to send me all your files that can be uploaded: if I
can rebuild the problematic folders then I think it's maybe better to
do that than to simply rollback to an earlier backup. What do you guys
think about that?

-- 
David Nelson

-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to documentation+help@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/documentation/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Context


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.