Hello Jane

In my opinion, captions used for figures should be as short as possible without losing any meaning
and this is what I have tried to achieve. When you use a long caption, the user/reader can get
confused and miss what the figure is there for. Using short captions is the way I have been trained
and guided during my career.

Regards

Peter