On 12/28/2011 9:54 AM, Dan Lewis wrote:
On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 07:59 -0500, Gary Schnabl wrote:
Just what exactly is the folder path for shared templates supposed to
be. My beta 2 of the version 3.5 implementation shows the following path
via the LODev options, although no such physical folder exists in my
system...
C:\Program Files\LODev 3.5\program\..\share\template\common.

However, there does exist this path in my system: C:\Program Files\LOdev
3.5\share\template\common.

What gives???
--

Gary Schnabl
Southwest Detroit, two miles NORTH! of Canada--Windsor, that is...

Technical Editor forum<http://TechnicalEditor.LivernoisYard.com/phpBB3/>

      The shared templates for LO 3.4 and LO 3.5 Beta 2 are stored in two
different places. This may the basis for the confusion. The "basisx.x"
folder contained in the LO 3.4 path does not appear in the LOdev path.
The following paths are based upon the paths for the ...\template\common
folder that exist in my Linux OS in the LOdev and Libreoffice3.4
folders.

LO Beta 2 path:
      C:\Program Files\LOdev 3.5\share\template\common
LO 3.4 path:
      C:\libreoffice3.4\basis3.4\share\template\common

--Dan

My "confusion" revolves about version 3.5 naming a nonexistent path--no such animal exists on my system. One would think that a real physical path would exist, unless the user is supposed to create two (or more) folders in order to comply with the path suggested via the Options.

In any event, do you know which actual path the shared templates would use? Or is this yet another LO bug?

I am in the process of writing a short How-to for a client about that and other areas--along with screenshots (which will have to be inserted later, it seems)... But I could leave some comments about a likely bug existing in the margins until the bugs get repaired.

Gary