Thanks Gary :)  I thought the difference between doc and dot was more complicated.

Someone on the users list suggested using ODF 1.0 templates instead and the op seems happy with
that.  I might send her your suggestion too because it's a neat hackish style way which is really
cool :)

Thanks and regards from
Tom :)