Ping PeterS: Impress Guide Ch1

Peter,
Hazel sent me the chapter she had trouble with, so I could restore the
images while preserving her edits. I've now done that and returned it
to Repository> English> Documentation> Impress Guide> Proofing.

I have some suggestions for a few of the images.
Figures 3 & 16: The labels seem a bit small compared with the text on
the page. Could the font be made a bit larger?
Figure 7: This pic was cut off in an earlier version of the book in
order to fit it on the page without kicking the Fig 8 to the next page
and leaving a big gap at the bottom of this one, but it left the
"Notes" area a bit small. On this page, there is room for a bit more
of the dialog to show.

Otherwise, I think this chapter is ready to publish.

--Jean

Hi guys,

I have a "weird" question. I joined this list some time ago and attached
my CV for you to see what my qualifications are (I haven't had time to
actively join the project yet, as I'm in the final stages of my studies,
but I've been following the discussions). I did a Google search for my name
and it seems like the .pdf file that I attached back then is being indexed
by Google. Is there some way to delete it from the mail archive or to at
least make it non-public...?

Thank you in advance!
Yana

No, there is no way to delete anything from the mail archive sent
to this mailing list. Everything sent to it is in the public domain. I
think there is a notice stating this located in the same place as the
link to this mailing list.

--Dan

Hi Yana.
I did not think you could attach files to this list, so possibly you have the file residing somewhere you uploaded it so that you only have a link from this list.
In this case you may be able to delete the file?
steve

Attachments don't get passed through by the list software to members
of the list, but they are probably still associated with the sender's
email somewhere in one or more of the archival systems, and that is
why they show up in a google search.

I think this might be possible but right now is a bad time to ask as so many people are concentrating on Christmas.  Would it be ok to leave doing this until late January?

Hi Tom,

It would be awesome if there is indeed a way to clear this :)! January sounds perfect :). Happy Holidays to all!

Thanks!
Yana

Hi :slight_smile:
Can you ask the question again on around the 20th Jan?  I don't have any calendar functionality that i can rely on.
Thanks, apols and regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

yeap :)! Thanks, Tom!

Hello Jean

Figures 3, 7 and 16 have been edited as per your comments. New version of the chapter is now in Proofing and I think ready for publishing.

Regards

Peter

Thanks, Peter. Now published. Looking forward to Chapters 2, 3, 4...

--Jean

Hi there :),

I wrote some time back to ask you guys if it's possible to delete a .pdf file from the email archives (when I was joining the project, I sent my CV.pdf with my first email and now it's indexed by Google.. yikes!). Tom told me I should pop up again in mid-January to ask for it again, so here I am :). It would be awesome if this thing can be resolved... thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Yana

Hi Yana,

I forwarded your request to postmaster@documentfoundation.org. I think,
that one of the admins can help you with your request.

Sigrid

PS: Viele Grüße ins Saarland. :wink: