On 12/15/2011 3:05 PM, Nino Novak wrote:
Hi,

On Wednesday 14 December 2011, Gary Schnabl wrote:

... Downloading version 1.2.6 from this URL:
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/template-changer, I
downloaded the file. However, the downloaded file had no file extension
and the Extensions Manager would not recognize the file. So, I appended
the .ZIP file extension to the filename, and it seemed to install OK.
Gary, maybe you should mention this on the website list as this seems to be a
website related problem?

Regards,
Nino

Noted...

Perhaps, those more involved with the politics et al. with LO should undertake this? After all, I was kindly informed that yet two others in this email group have previously experienced the very same thing that I detected for myself a couple days ago.

[I still contribute to LO docs, but not to the same degree I did back during 2006 or thereafter--when I edited the Writer Guide and reworked the templates, style guides, and such. Nowadays, there SEEMS to be a critical mass of contributors--unlike back during 2006 or 2007. However, many of the contributors now are likely phantoms.]

As to the current situation with my client's LO template: I decided to simply include a workaround using a marginal comment and leave it there until LO or Andre Schnabel or whoever fixes the Template Changer website's filenaming snafu.

Gary

Gary Schnabl
Southwest Detroit, two miles NORTH! of Canada--Windsor, that is...

Technical Editor forum <http://TechnicalEditor.LivernoisYard.com/phpBB3/>