template path

I just noticed that version 3.4.4 (possibly earlier versions...) now has TWO paths for Templates. One path is the usual user path (set by default via the installer), and the other is a common shared template stored within a Basis subfolder--Basis\share\template\common, which supposedly can be selected as the default via the Edit command within the Paths page in the LibreOffice options. The original contents of the common folder is a layout folder, which contains about two dozen Presentation templates.

However, I tried to switch between the two folders via the Edit command but did not notice it having any effect. The default reverts automatically back to the user path.

Any ideas about this?

Gary