Great idea!
I have uploaded a zip file with the replacement screen-shots for Calc Chapter 1.
- Documentation > Calc Guide > Drafts > Screenshots Calc Chp1.zip

Perhaps it would be a good idea to create a special place for images so they are not mixed up with the draft documents. It could be a sub-folder inside Drafts, or possible within Resources. Just an idea.

Tom, this is a zip file, so I'm afraid there will be no thumbnails until you download and unpack it. :)