David,
I'm currently working on CalcGuide chapter 1 (Introduction), which somehow overlaps to the chapter you're working on (Getting Started with Calc). It was my mistake that didn't realise you were already working on that when I started. Thus we both have been working on some overlapping topics such as moving sheets with drag-and-drop. I found that several images were ok but for the OpenOffice logo, so I edited them or replaced them. If you need to make further changed in your chapter you may make of some of them. You can download draft form Alfresco (Documentation > Calc Guide > Drafts > 0301CG34-IntroducingCalc.odt), or if you prefer I can send you a zip file with all the pics offlist (can't attach files to the list).
Please let me know if there is anything else I could do so we join efforts.

Gabriel