Update: The file size of that chapter is correct on Alfresco,
indicating that the pix are there even if they can't be seen. I
downloaded the file from Alfresco and opened it in LO on Ubuntu and it
was fine: all pix in place and showing correctly. I then downloaded a
fresh copy and opened it in LO on the Mac and it was fine there too. I
didn't try this on Windows.

So... I haven't a clue why this file and others cause problems for
Hazel and occasionally other people. "Works for me" is not very
helpful, I realize.

--Jean