Absence of graphics in Impress chapter 1

This document has very few full-sized graphics in place (small graphics such as icons are OK). Some show a Read error, some show nothing at all. I am using the same memory settings as always:
Number of steps: 20
Graphics cache
  Use for LibreOffice: 256MB
  Memory per object: 1.0 MB
  Remove from memory after 1:00 hours
  Number of objects: 350

Hello Hazel

I have had the same problem with all the Impress chapters that I am working on and I am using the same settings as yourself. This happens on both my iMac and my Toshiba laptop running Ubuntu. All the screen shots were inserted from file and NOT as a link to a graphic. Is this a problem with the system used for LO documents?

Regards

Peter

The problem has occurred intermittently on OOo as well as LO docs. It
often (but not exclusively) occurs with files that I have uploaded, so
it may be a problem at my end. It's occurred with both my Linux and
Mac systems, always with files that displayed fine, so I don't know
what is really going on. Possibly in the saving process; possibly in
the uploading process.

In most cases, the images are actually in the file, but they are not
visible when the file is opened. Once in awhile, the images do go
missing; you can often tell because the file size tends to be around
300KB or smaller instead of around 1MB or larger.

I'll look at the file that's on my computer (the Mac this time) and
also download the one I uploaded and check it. Then I'll try to save
and upload a file that does include the pix as they should be. I'll
let you know when I've done that.

--Jean

Update: The file size of that chapter is correct on Alfresco,
indicating that the pix are there even if they can't be seen. I
downloaded the file from Alfresco and opened it in LO on Ubuntu and it
was fine: all pix in place and showing correctly. I then downloaded a
fresh copy and opened it in LO on the Mac and it was fine there too. I
didn't try this on Windows.

So... I haven't a clue why this file and others cause problems for
Hazel and occasionally other people. "Works for me" is not very
helpful, I realize.

--Jean

I've just checked the size of this file. It comes out as 437kB.

Should be over 900KB, and it was when I downloaded it from Alfresco.
This gets weirder and weirder.

--Jean

It's obviously an Al Fresco problem. It never happened to me when downloading from the ODFAuthors site.

It seems Al Fresco has first and second class members; if you're second class, you don't get pics!

Hi
I was having a similar problem working with a Writer guide.
For me, starting work again and then doing a manual Save every 5-10 minutes eliminated the problem. My settings too were as the recommended ones.
I'm on WIN XP.

John