People writing docs need to keep up with planned release dates and features. Here are some relevant
wiki pages.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/3.4#3.4.5_release
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.5
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/3.5

Especially note the dates. Do you think we can get books done for 3.4.x before 3.5 comes along?

The book upgrades we're working on now are, in several cases, more extensive (and thus more time
consuming) than the next set should be. So much did not get done as well as it should have for
v3.3, especially for GS and Writer, in the rush to have something, anything.