HI :)
Ahh, Synaptic.  If only Windows had something like that it might have made the last few days a LOT
easier for me.  Perhaps even the last few weeks.

In Windows each little program checks for updates separately and have to be configured per user,
per app.  It's really "doing my head in"!  The other thing is that i can't seem to download all the
updates to the network and deploy from there.  Each slow machine has to do the whole process
itself!  Argghh, ggrrrr.  I have dug around and found something obscure from MS but haven't had
chance to explore it yet.  Fun fun fun