@ Jean,
No need to apologize, Jean. On the contrary, I know how unnerving it can be to keep answering newbies questions, and I thank you for taking the time to go through the problem. I downloaded LO from the website but as Peter mentioned, there are some "conflicts" to install it properly. Nothing to worry about, later, I'll set down to see how to fix that. On the meantime, I could get the blessed "Galaxy icon set" using Synaptic Package Manager as Martin suggested, so I can keep working. (and I'm also working on the screen-shots quality issue you mentioned).

@ Martin,
Thank you. As I'm new to Ubuntu, I wasn't aware of Synaptic Package Manager. I was looking for the packaged in the Download Center, but that is kind of basic.

Gabriel.